AudioRelay 0.22

:warning: This is an old version, please check the latest releases.

Changelog

For changes between 0.12 to 0.21, see this post AudioRelay 0.21 (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android).
It mainly added

• Android to PC streaming
  • PC to PC streaming
  • Linux and MacOS versions

Android

• Fixed: In the server view, show all the connected devices instead of only 1
  • UI: Show errors when AudioRelay fails to capture or play audio. Previously, the stream simply stopped

Desktop

• UI: Show errors when AudioRelay fails to capture or play audio. Previously, the errors were simply logged.
  • Fixed: Update checks now correctly work
  • Fixed: Don’t repeatedly disconnect Android clients with the 0.12 version
  • Misc: Reduced network usage of error reporting

Linux, MacOS

• Fixed: Correctly show long lists of audio devices

• Added: Can change the volume of Android devices from the PC
  • Added [Windows]: An option to start on system startups and a tray icon
  • Fixed [Windows]: Audio streaming continues after a period of silence
  • Fixed [Windows]: The player works on Windows 7
  • Fixed [Linux, MacOS]: The refresh button works
  • Fixed [MacOS]: The system asks for the microphone permission
  • Fixed [MacOS]: Opus doesn’t need to be installed on the system

Others

• Added: Emoji support in display names
  • Added: Update checks
  • Added: Error reporting
  • Fixed [Windows]: The installer doesn’t duplicate firewall rules on each install
  • Misc: Changed the UI toolkit (for the nerds: JavaFX to Jetpack Compose)
  • Misc [Windows]: 64 bits is required
  • Misc [Windows]: Bumped the .NET framework from 4.6 to 4.6.2
  • Misc [Windows]: The installer no longer installs vcredist

Notes

• Sharing Android’s audio won’t work for every app, check the compatibility here
  • There’s a soft-limit of 1 hour for connections to a non-premium Android server. You can simply reconnect when you’re reaching the limit.
  • Desktop to Desktop could require a paid license in the future
  • These builds will expire next year

Feedback

Let me know how this new version is working for you!

• Does the mic feature work OK for you?
    • Was it easy/hard to use?
  • If you tried to stream your Android’s audio
    • Did it work?
    • What apps are you streaming?
  • Does it work on your Linux distro?
  • Does it work on your Mac?
  • Still working OK compared to the previous Windows version?
  • Noticed anything that should be improved?

Simply reply here, shout at @AudioRelayApp or email me at [email protected].

Downloads

:warning: This is an old version, please check the latest releases.

2 Likes

Great app as always! 'm even noticing much better latency and smaller buffeer size. Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t see this update on the play store. It’s still as 0.12.1. Maybe because I’m on the beta channel.

Sorry, it’s not available on the Play Store yet. There are some things to iron out first.
You can manually install the version from this post though.

I just installed this 0.22 version on my Windows 10 computer, and while using USB tethering with my Android device I cannot get the Android device as a server to work with my computer.
I get the following error from the log file:
com.azefsw.audioconnect.desktop.a.f.c: Failed to load C:\Program Files (x86)\AudioRelay\opus.dll
then a few lines of stack trace down…
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\AudioRelay\opus.dll: Can’t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

You can resolve that by deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\AudioRelay folder and reinstalling the app.

The new installer should have deleted all the dll files present in this folder.

You went from the 0.12 (from the website) version directly to 0.22, right?

Made an update, the links now point to 0.22.1

@audiorelayapp Would like to ask if it is already available to MacOS computers/laptops because I don’t see any download links for it. Thanks!

Check here!

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

First, I would like to say that I use AudioRelay almost every day and I really like it.
One suggestion is to update the app and website (home page) to this new version.

1. Excellent app, solves an age old issue for me. Actually solves multiples of them.

2. When I use mic mode, at least with a Linux host, the voice is always crackly on the receiving end. I’ll test on windows soon. Any possible fixes for this?

Thanks for testing!

To help pinpoint the issue, could you please try while connected via USB tethering? That way, we’ll know if it’s due to more than “just” the network.

Have you got around to test on Windows?

I don’t think it’ll help this particular issue but you could also try the new version here

Haven’t had the chance to try windows but I’ll try usb tether and then update and see if that changes anything.

Update @Asapha: it works flawlessly when tethering. My original setup was

• laptop on 5ghz wifi
  • phone on same 5ghz wifi

I’ve since upgraded laptop to be on ethernet but I still get pops and crackles if not thethering via usb implying the issue is either with my router or my phone’s connection to the router. A bit perplexed by this as I use the same setup for in home streaming with nvidia gamestream. What other ways can I diagnose where the issue might be?

It’s possible that GameStream deals better with the occasional late or lost packets.

Some questions to help paint a picture:

What would you say is the frequency of the audio issues? Every 5, 30, 60 seconds?
What are the stats like? (Does the latency sometimes goes up above 20ms?)
Could you confirm that you have issues in both directions? (Android → PC and PC → Android)
If you select the high buffer option on Android, and do a PC to Android stream, do you still hear pops? With 2 seconds of buffer, the audio should be perfect.