Volume passthrough (Change the volume of AudioRelay when changing the volume of the PC)

It would be cool if audiorelay respected the system volume on the PC. Or better yet, if it pretended to be a virtual audio device, so that it could be controlled directly.

1 Like

Please elaborate; the volume changes according to what windows is set to currently or do you mean something more complex?

Definitely agree with this request. Right now when you change the volume on the PC it doesn’t affect the volume of AudioRelay at all.

YES, most annoying. No easy way to control volume. I use Music Center for Wear to conveniently control volume through smartwatch.

However, volume control on PC should sync with app so you can e.g. use media control keys on your keyboard to increase/lower volume on phone. THIS would greatly improve the experience. MUSTHAVE. Users will love it!

Hello, please add this function ASAP. I have volume knob on my keyboard, but can not use it!

I disagree with yall. Having manual control over the phone to control volume should be an option because its a bit annoying when i have to adjust the volume at the laptop when i can just do it directly on my phone. Also, i would like the laptop to not play audio at all when i am listening through my phone. It still streams music, but i only want the phone to output audio

what I’d like goes more with Burburry’s idea. The app should have its own shortcut to change the volume. It wouldn’t hurt to use another combination of keys instead of media controls to modify the volume whereas now, it doesn’t have any shortcuts.

Ability to hide and show the tray icon or even if you could change it with custom icon. Would be cool too.

I’m kinda with Burburry here. Depending on the implementation it should at least be a toggle.
I understand that people want to change the volume from the PC, but I don’t need and don’t want to mess with the volume on my PC when I actually only adjust it on the phone. Otherwise I might get blasted later when I plug my Headphones back into the PC directly.

As a side note:
Making this a default would probably make the whole experience more intuitive, since when I first used Audiorelay I also changed volume on PC and thought it was weird that nothing changed.

+1 for this feature to be the default. On Windows, it’s possible to callback on volume changes (see IAudioEndpointVolumeCallback (endpointvolume.h) - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn)

1 Like

I wish I could use the windows system volume to control the volume of AudioRelay

Yes , same here. I want to use windows volume keys to change the volume. It is very inaccessible to be unable to do that.

What’s the point of having the Audio relayed from the PC when it cannot be controlled?

If there’s one specific reason for me to not like the product, it is this.

Why wouldn’t you guys add this simple feature?

I have a multimedia keyboard and the volume control on it is dummy. Very frustrating

Please fix this

Both options should be available. The primary volume should sync with that of the PC, ensuring that if you mute or lower the volume on the PC, it will reflect accordingly on the device even if it’s set to full volume. This way, if you want full volume on your phone, you’ll first need to adjust it to full on the PC.