Unable to use player on windows 10

Description

I’m unable to connect or even view any clients on the network via the player in the windows app.

Devices

Windows 10
Audio Relay 0.22.1

In the logs getting. Any idea what could be causing this?

2022-01-29 21:08:29,231 ERROR [AR] Creating the search socket failed
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.bindInternal(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.DatagramSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at com.azefsw.audioconnect.i.h.a(SourceFile:8101) ~[audiorelay.jar:?]
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableCreate.subscribeActual(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.Completable.subscribe(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.ObservableSwitchMapCompletable$SwitchMapCompletableObserver.onNext(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableInterval$IntervalObserver.run(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.Scheduler$PeriodicDirectTask.run(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.Scheduler$Worker$PeriodicTask.run(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(Unknown Source) [com.azefsw.merged.module:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
2022-01-29 21:08:30,372 INFO [AR] Remotely connecting to 192.168.1.83...
2022-01-29 21:08:30,405 ERROR [AR] Stopping the player

Hi @kai,

I’m assuming that you’re trying to connect from this PC to another device. Let me know if this isn’t correct.

We can see the error that prevents your PC from seeing other servers but, we’re not seeing the error that causes the connection to 192.168.1.83 to fail, could you please post the full logs?

Fixing the search failure

In the meantime, to investigate the search error, could you please run this command?
netsh int ip show excludedportrange protocol=udp

It’ll show whether your PC reserves some port ranges.

If you see something like this
CleanShot 2022-02-07 at 20.33.42

AudioRelay could stop working (or start working in your case) after a PC restart.
You’ll need to have a command prompt in admin mode and run these commands:

• netsh int ipv4 add excludedportrange protocol=tcp startport=59100 numberofports=1
  • netsh int ipv4 add excludedportrange protocol=udp startport=59200 numberofports=1

Restart your PC after that.

Docs

Depending on your situation, this entry in the FAQ could help