Packet Ordering "Not OK"

Possible packet ordering bug

Introdution

In the last days I’m experiencing a little bug that turns the playing audio packet Ordering to Not OK. I don’t think this is a version error (like not have the app in the latest version) cuz that has been happening on the stable version from the stores and keep happening now with the 0.21.3 downloadable from the forum.

Expected behavior

The player keep being able to play any audio from the server for undefined hours.

Current behavior

The player suddenly stops being capable of listen to any audio and the Ordering of the Last packets shows Not OK. The server did not stop when the bug occurs, the player just simply don’t find or play (I don’t know the correct term cuz don’t know why this is happening).

This problem happen with both of the audio output options and with the low latency on or off. Any changes on the audio output option solves the problem returning the audio to be played, but in a few minutes or hours it can stop suddenly again.

Temporary Solution

My solution at now for solve this problem is simply change the Audio Output from Audio Track to OpenSL ES or vice versa every time that this happen.

How to reproduce

I’m not sure of how to reproduce this error, this happen just by using the app normally, I’m not using the smartphone as a server, just as a player.

If I remember right, at the (unique) time that I’ve used the smartphone as a server and player the bug did not occurred for the hours that both has been on. Don’t know if not happened for simply coincidence or if it has something about it.

My Specs

Both the apps are on 0.21.3. I have the Premium version Lifetime purchased and enabled.

Android:

Phone Samsung Galaxy S20+
One UI 3.1
Android 11
Security Patch Level July 1, 2021

Windows:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎27/‎04/‎2021
OS build 19042.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Extra

If you need any other info please tell me.

English isn’t my native language, if I’ve misspelled something or has some phrase not understandable please tell me and I’ll rephrase/edit it.

@Asapha I think you’ll be the only person that could solve this so I’m pinging you :slight_smile:

Related Posts on the forum:

Audio stops playing when no sound from PC for a while

Found a new behavior, the app stops playing the audio, even if you have a video currently playing on the background.

Thanks for the details! I’ll try fix the issue and post an update on this topic when possible:

I’ll lock this one since it duplicates where user could end up when searching for the issue.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s related to silence. It should only be related to a network issue.

1 Like