Linux version

Implemented, please download the latest version from https://audiorelay.net

Yes please! I tried Windows server over Wine, but couldn’t get it working due to some .NET incompatibilities.

Me encantaria una version para Linux!

Been planning to migrate to linux, Manjaro XFCE to be specific. Would love to use this app there

Please! Would like to use it on my main OS

1 Like

Would be great, especially considering that it would solidify this software’s usefulness overtime as Microsoft’s & Google’s ties grow; & this apps popularity grows. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up getting built into android 12 with a Windows 10 tie in.

Yes, please :slight_smile:

Yeah linux would be great. Packaged in a .deb file would be best for all linux users.

Please do so that would be great. I only use Linux for desktop.

I would like a linux version please, and, i would like to add the suggestion that if this version ever comes to fruition release it as a flatpak or appimage, in that way we will be able to run it pretty much on any distro and without worrying about dependencies

Yes please! I don’t know if this helps but there is a way for pulseaudio to send over network, but things have to line up well for it to work properly. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#PulseAudio_over_network

[Previous version removed]

Please test the new version here.

Hello there, the server works fine on my Debian system and i have had no problems with connections and stability so far. My only complaint is that there’s no easy way to start the server once it is installed. There’s no shortcut or terminal command. I have to manually search for the executable (Which is in /opt/audiorelay/bin/, in case anyone wants to know) and launch it directly.

It would be nice if there were a .desktop file for the server and a terminal command like “audiorelay” or “AudioRelay”.

Also, what’s the point of the Client and Settings tabs? Are they placeholders?

Thanks for testing!

The shortcut appears correctly on my end, that’s strange.
The .deb is running this command to install it: xdg-desktop-menu install /opt/audiorelay/lib/audiorelay-AudioRelay.desktop. What happens if you try to run this manually? Maybe it doesn’t work with your window manager. (here’s a list list of compatible ones)

Yes, these are placeholders for the moment.

Yes! I’d love to use it

Hi @KoBa,

Have you checked the posts above? :smiley:

it works great for me!

Update:
after several hours, it takes a lot of memory usage: 580MB some how

Update2:
After several hours of use(6 hours) the memry useage was 4GB, but everything beside this is good

Hello,

I use the same devices to test with Ubuntu and Windows.
On Ubuntu the quality of the sound isn’t that great, even tho the app doesn’t show data loss over transmission.

Thanks for testing!

@lol, I’m finishing a few things and I’ll post an update that should fix this.

@Oui_Oui, could you please provide details on the quality issue?

Some examples:

• Sometimes the audio cuts off
  • Sometimes there’s audible pops
  • The overall quality isn’t great, like it’s been compressed