USB connection without tethering

Connect without having to enable USB tethering but instead use USB debugging.

It would be more technical since a user would need to enable the developer settings, enable USB debugging and sometimes have to deal with driver issues.

1 Like

+1 so we can use exclusive mode in windows apps, also use mic at same time

1 Like

+1 cant use usb at all on sprint even if data is off due to you are not subscribed to data tethering, tried to find the right value in setedit but no luck.

Wow, that sucks…
I didn’t know this was a thing. :thinking:

+1 for this too - My Samsung galaxy s10e automatically turns off USB tethering whenever it is unplugged so I have to plug it back in and re-enable it every time.
Enabled the default USB configuration to USB tethering but it doesn’t seem to help.

Plus, how technical is tapping on the build number repeatedly until it’s enabled? I always do it with any new phone I get as some remote control apps require USB debugging anyways.

3 Likes

+1 too, it would be great to connect USB without tethering. Cannot connect to wifi, enable airplane mode, or turn off data while USB tethering is running on my OnePlus 7T phone.

This would be AMAZING

How would the tutorial be?

Yes, this would make using AudioRelay so much easier for me.

Can you refer to the sndcpy project in GitHub? (GitHub - rom1v/sndcpy: Android audio forwarding (scrcpy, but for audio)) This project allows devices running Android 10 to send audio to a computer via LAN or USB debugging. Very stable when connected with USB debugging enabled.
My Hackintosh can’t enable audio transfer via the existing USB tethering function, can only search the network address in AudioRaley, but can’t connect. This may be related to the USB tethering driver provided by Hackintosh, which is one-way from the device to the computer.

This would be great, especially considering the generally higher bandwidth and lower latency USB debugging allows for. Currently an uncompressed audio stream still gives me considerable stuttering on a low buffer, so it’d be interesting to see if this could be improved.

This will make me to use it easily than before, my phone will auto disconnect the USB tethering when I unplug the cable.

Is this enabled?
If not I’d like to vote for this too.

1 Like

+1. another frustrated one plus user here. same issues :roll_eyes:

+1. I honestly need that feature, windows is super slow to detect that my phone isn’t receiving any internet signal so it takes way too long to switch back to cabled internet, and when it does
any bump in the cable forces AudioRelay to reconnect, which causes it to do this slow procedure all over again.

1 Like