The connection is down or something is blocking it

I activated the USB Tethering, but when i try to connect my phone to my PC with USB, my phone says, first : Beware, there is no active connection, and then : can’t connect, the connection is down or something is blocking it

Hello,

Please try this, it’s from a thread where someone had a similar issue:

Does it work if you temporarily disable the Windows firewall?

If so:

• Re-enable the firewall
  • Click on the check firewall button in the server
  • Click on restart
  • Click on the apply button
  • Try to connect the Android app

Hello, my problem is that I enter the application on the cell phone and connect but on the pc it appears that there is nothing connected and on the cell phone yes, or if something does not appear unavaible.

Hey there,

I’m not sure of what’s happening in your case,

Is the Android app saying it’s connected while it’s not the case on the server?
Is the message “The connection is down or something is blocking it” appearing when you try to connect?
Have you tried to temporarily disable the firewall?

1 Like

my problem is that it tells me on the phone cant connect is something blocking it i try to connect via wifi is there a fix

Did you make sure that both your devices are connected to the same network? Also, have you tried checking the firewall on your pc?

I’m having this same issue. I was using the app fine just 2 days ago from when I first got it but now I’m getting this error on my phone saying “Can’t connect, the connection is temporarily down or something is blocking it.” My PC does show up as a list of servers to connect to. As mentioned previously on this thread I have tried to disable my firewall further I checked whether the firewall rules for the app had been changed somehow in which case it hadn’t. If someone could provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Restarting my router seems to have fixed my issue.

I am facing the same issue, so what happened is that I have Airtel broadband with a Nokia router, and the app works fine, but when I changed the router due to some issues, the same problem came up. I don’t know if there is any firewall issue or router settings related to security.
Please Help !