Stream audio over the Internet

Right now, AudioRelay only works out of the box on a local network.

Would you like to listen to your PC outside your home?
Would you like to install AudioRelay on a remote server?

Please write why you’d need this feature. :+1:

2 Likes

In short, yes, I’d use it.

I currently use audio relay for remotely monitoring a live audio mix. Whilst access to my system is either locally over WiFi, or remotely already over the “internet” through a VPN connection, I’d be keen to know how you’d accomplish this, and at what cost; ie latency, compression, quality, etc. Would it have to traverse a 3rd party server for session iniation with peer-to-peer streaming?

I’d use it,
currently I dont have a need for this app however when I leave my house I use a steam link to connect to my home desktop for some reason the built in audio streaming doesnt work so I’d like to use this an altenrative.

You said out of the box, does that mean I can configure it to work over the network?

I’d use this feature.

Working at the office but I remote connect to my home PC to do most of the heavy workloads. I do kinda appreciate being able to hear stuff on it through my phone as there is no audio on this office computer.

I would also use this Feature,
at the moment i’m using Audio Relay over a VPN on my Mobile Phone, because my WiFi Router and the PC Bluetooth is unrealiable.

Until now no Stutters, lags or simmilar effects in about 10 hours of usage.

AudioRelay Settings used for VPN:

Uncompressed Audio
Buffer:

• min 500
  • max 2000
    Audio Output:
  • AudioTrack (Standard output)
  • Request low latency: on

Delay is about 700ms

Yes, I’d use it. Sometimes I’d like to access my pc audio but keeps my smartphone on mobile network.

2 Likes

I would use this (probably). Mobile devices have the worst equalization options, if any at all. AudioRelay presents the option to equalize audio on a host device and stream it to a client. Obviously, this is most easily applicable to music where the delay doesn’t really matter and nothing needs to be synced to a video feed. In fact, I already use AudioRelay to reap the benefits of EqualizerAPO on my phone when listening to music locally (easily done with VLC). I’m sure it is possible to configure a working set-up for videos as well.

TL;DR this would allow powerful equalization on mobile devices: PC equalizes audio → AudioRelay → phone. This is already possible locally obviously.

I’d use it to listen to my scanner audio live from my computer, without the delay from Broafcstify.

Like TJ, I’d like to be able to listen to my ham radio without having to carry a ham radio. I tried getting it to work over piVPN and it could see the server but said port 59100 was blocked. Not sure how to fix this.

Hi! Congratulations for this excellent implementation. I am using SWYH over the internet. And defenetly over the internet is very useful! Can it be done with the existing version; Can I confugre a setting; Thank you very much!

It would be great to setup AudioRelay on a server and be able to listen to a football game remotely - I need a tool like AudioRelay because I need to add buffering to delay the audio stream thus making it aligned with the TV broadcast.

As an aside, I am absolutely thrilled with this tool! I have tried network streaming with SWYH, VLC, and AudioRelay. This is by far the best of the three. (And I just put my money where my mouth is and paid the US$15) <3 =)

I currently use Tailscale / ZeroTier-like services to use AudioRelay on non-local machines, I also have more advanced networks, like site-to-site tunnels etc., but I know it is more convinient for most people to use solutions that are built-in and working out of the box, so I voted for this feature!

I would also like this for the same reason as Dmac above. I use the app to listen to my ham radio at present over my local LAN. It would be great if the app worked over the internet so I could listen to my home based ham radio whilst travelling away from home (via my phone or tablet). There is a possibility that many ham radio people (there are thousands of us) would use this app if it had internet functionality. I think it would also be reasonable for “internet” to be a “paid for” feature.