High-Resolution Audio Output Support

High-Resolution Audio is well supported from the Android 10 release. It could really improve audio quality.

4 Likes

I use AudioRealy Premium (no compression) to stream from Tidal (HiFi and Master quality) and from lossless hires audio files (MacOs) to Android DAP). I can hear some audio quality degradation when compared to the same Tidal songs played directly on the DAP itself. Increase of the volume helps a bit, but it is still not the same. I would be regular user and fan if the quality could be increased.

I agree with Konrad. Audiorelay should support bit perfect playback. I saw that every audio which transmitted from PC to another device will be resample to 16/48 with bitrate compression. I don’t know why developer do this but this can cause artifact in the audio such as alias and distortion. I hope the app will improve very soon.

Another vote for this.

Bitperfect streaming (for both output and input), would make this app the perfect bridge between devices.

This post has been posted more than a year ago. Why no response from any dev?

The app allowed me to make a sound card from my phone. The sound works great with no audible lag in games etc. However, I would love to be able to stream in 24bit and 192kHz quality as the phone supports this quality natively as it has an AK4490. I use Realtek Digital Output instead of the virtual card from the application. I can freely change it to 32bit and 192kHz, but the network connection is still 1.7Mbps. I wonder if it will ever be possible to connect several phones to achieve multi-channel sound. The quality of this phone is unsurpassed and it’s a pity they don’t make it anymore.

1 Like