Connect without an internet connection?

Devices

Android 12
Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Laptop:
Asus, Windows 10

Is it possible that we can directly connect any device without internet connection?

This would be great if it would be possible for audio relay to transmit audio directly via wifi but not use the internet.

@Amane_Ojakasa , @HitFrostbite Right now, when connected to a Wi-Fi network, the audio data is sent locally between devices. It isn’t transmitted over the internet.

Did you mean that you’d like to use Wi-Fi direct? This would make the app work even if you’re not connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Aah yes it does…
I just tried it out…

Strange because the last time I tested it, it didn’t work,
so I assumed that it used the internet…

I think that maybe it didn’t work the last time because the phone was connected to the wifi and my laptop was connected only via ethernet but not wifi… (Same router for both)
Would it work it such a case?

You could try to ping your Android device when the laptop is connected only via ethernet.

If that doesn’t work, check if you’ve set both the network profile of the Wi-Fi and Ethernet network to private.
Or maybe your router isolates your Wi-Fi and wired networks… Are your ethernet and Wi-Fi devices on the same subnet? (192.168.1.x vs 192.168.2.x)

I’ll look into the solutions that you’ve mentioned.

Thanks