Android TV

Hi,
I use Audiorelay with my Nvidia shield and it works perfectly!
The point is that the app is not recognized as an Android TV app, so it can’t be downloaded through the play store and I can’t purchased it as well.
So is it possible to make the app “TV” compatible?
And second point: Is it possible to connect to the last server automatically? So when I switch off/on the PC I don’t have to open the app on the TV!
Anyway thanks for this wonderfull app!

2 Likes

Adding my vote for this. Side loading wasn’t too much of an issue but the app doesn’t show up in the app launcher on the Android TV interface. You have to go through settings to open it.

Is it possible for you to stream fire tv app audio to an Android smartphone? I sideloaded the app via aptoide and there is no button for app sound, just for microfone.

How did you get the app to work on your shield? I sideloaded it and ran it and am able to connect to the server running from the sheild but I get no audio.

Would definitely love to see this made Android TV compatible so I can watch things louder at night!

I’m interesting in transmit from android tv to 2 android phones or at least to one.
can that be done?

Would love to see android tv supported as well .
I notice the first post is from 2021 wonder if there was some updates as it does not work out of the box. At least for me. It might also be that my setup supports more audio codecs so has issues relaying the audio.
I notice my plex has issues with it as its trying to send the wrong audio.

With Amazon prime video , If I plug in a usb audio bluetooth dongle to the back of the shield , it thinks its streaming to usb audio and it works great. I also suspect this is why Plex won’t work as I bet the audio dongle is saying it can support certain formats that AudioRelay can’t. There seems to be a function in android to trick it to turn on usb audio , at least according to the android docs. (Might be worth investigating for more support)

I should mention I am streaming audio from the nvidia shield to my laptop(win11) over wifi the dongle that’s plugged in is only bluetooth and not being used, but it tricks the unit into forcing it to play supported audio.