AudioRelay 0.21

:warning: This is an old version, please check the latest releases.

Changelog

The desktop app has been rewritten in order to make it available for MacOS, Linux and implement the server tab in the Android app.

The previous apps won’t automatically update to this version for the moment, I’d like to know if the rewrite broke anything first.

New Features

• Linux and MacOS apps available
  • Use your Android device as a microphone
  • Share your Android’s audio to other devices (require Android 10+)
  • Share audio between desktop computers
  • Change your device’s name in the app

There’s a soft-limit of 1 hour for connections to a non-premium Android server. You can simply reconnect when you’re reaching the limit.

Improvements (Android)

Improvements (Windows)

• Firewall rules can be added by the installer

What’s missing (Windows)

Some features present in the previous Windows app haven’t been re-implemented yet.

• Update checking
    • (For now, you’ll need to check the forum or click on the bell icon on this page)
  • Automatic startup
  • Window minimization
  • Icon tray

Known issues

• On Linux/MacOS, the refresh devices button doesn’t work properly
  • On Windows 7, the player doesn’t work
    • A buffer of 1 sec is displayed (instead of <100ms)

Downloads

This is an old version, please check the latest releases.

5 Likes

Hi,
Notifying @microphone-feature, @linux-users, @macos-users since you’ve expressed interest in one of these features!

1 Like

Awesome news! Thanks for listening to the community! I’ll be trying it and let you know if I find anything that’s helpful. Cheers!

Awesome! You do the best.

1 Like

Thanks @Asapha! Sadly I’m unable to use my headset mic on Android (USB-C → 3.5mm → MMX300). It is detected from my phone and for example usable for phone calls but I can only transmit the sound from the build-in mics!

Some possible improvements:

• Option to auto-connect microphone if connected with server
  • Option to auto-switch to “VB-Audio Virtual Cable Output” (default) in Windows if connected with server (Maybe look at SoundSwitch how they do it) and back if disconnected

the new design on linux is much better than the old one + after several hours of using it the memory usage is less :).

update: the memory usage is too much better than the old version. :+1:

It works perfectly on windows, but I still miss the auto connect to server feature on Android!

Thanks for testing,
The Android link points to a new version, it should now work with your headset.

Noted, some automation would be great!

1 Like

Perfect, thank you! Works now! :grin: Do you have a donation link?

And for output and mic it would be cool to have gain control, as the mic is a little bit too loud on my system and output on my headset a little bit to quiet.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks you!! you helped me a lot!!!

1 Like

Fantastic job Bro! I have been dreaming of such a solution.
Now I can get my AirPods Pro work with Android and Windows at the same time (I am just not a big fan of Apple environment in general :wink: ).
Unfortunately, I cannot make that work in both directions (mic to PC and audio from PC) - is it working in paid version?
I somehow cannot purchase it in this version of app - would it work if I purchase paid plan in 0.12 version?

+BTW - several important features seem to be still missing in PC app - like “Move to tray” option. After closing of the window, the SW stops working

Besides those - very useful redesign. I would happily move to this version and purchase full version whenever it would be available. Nice work!

It should work even without the paid version.

When you try both directions, does it stop working in both of them? Or one of them still work?

Does it work without your AirPods? (Simply using the built-in mic and speakers)

Thx for answer!

I am right after supplementary testing.
And… Indeed! - it works without any headphones. When you use BT for recording audio, then you immediately loose the feed that you are listening to (happens on both Air Pods Pro and Jabra Elite 75t). No idea why. So I changed to phone mic.

Unfortunately - even though it works in such a setup, the choice of playback devices [pic. 1] (I guess it is called “audio sink” in mic case) here is the same as for audio feed from PC [pic. 2]. So I end up hearing my own voice instead of feeding it to “Cable Output” to later use it in any voice call applications [pic. 3]. Is anyone experiencing the same?

pic. 1
pic. 2
pic. 3

Yooo!! This App Is Amazing i tried all the feature: streaming mic to my PC, or streaming audio between PC and mobile!! It worked all perfectly fine!! Good Job! I streamed YouTube, Twitch, Twitter and Discord audio to my PC !! I have only 1 question, when Will Be releases this versione to the Google Play Storie? Because i really wanna supporto this Amazing app :+1::+1::grin::grin::grin:

Since you already have Cable and VoiceMeeter installed, you could use both in AudioRelay in order to separate your mic and your PC sound.

• Select VoiceMeeter input as a playback device in Windows and as an audio source in AudioRelay (server tab)
  • Select Cable output in Skype and Cable input as playback device in AudioRelay (player tab)

I’ve got the premium android app, I’m unable to select the sound source for input - I want to use a connected bluetooth device as my mic but It’s using the phone mic…

Also I can’t select more than one audio device on the windows app so no sure how I get mic and audio working at the same time…

ALSO, I tried selecting an input device in audiorelay but it didn’t send input from my phone mic to my PC at all :confused:

Ok, I’ve tested these new mic functionalities and found this:

What am I using for the tests:

→ All of the tests was made on a Android Samsung S20+ device with Android 11 and One UI 3.1.

→ All of the tests was made on a Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19042.1165, Version 20H2.

→ All of the tests was made using Telegram Desktop 2.9.4 Beta.

→ All of the tests has “player” and “server” running simultaneously.

→ I’m using my monitor as the computer audio source, “cable input” as playback device for the mic, the “cable output” are set as “input device” on “Settings > Advanced > System integration > Call Settings > Microphone”, the other telegram call settings are at the default option.

My tests:

Without Bluetooth Mic and with Bluetooth Headset:

• Mic Default mode and Alternate mode is practically the same.

• Voice Communication mode and Voice Performance mode turns the volume very low and practically imposible for the other people to listen you.

With Bluetooth Mic and with Bluetooth Headset:

• Same as without bluetooth mic on the mic options.

• The audio of the computer streamed turns lower than without the bluetooth mic.

With Bluetooth Mic and cellphone on Speakerphone:

• If you activate the bluetooth mic and your cellphone are on speakerphone (microphone mode on default (probably on the other options will behave the same)). The expected behavior (at least i think) is you changing for the bluetooth mic but not the audio. If so, the problem is that the audio are being changed too, in a way that your cellphone could not detect (at least on Samsung S20+ the “SmartThings” app for change between bluetooth audio and speakerphone the option disappears when you use in this way).

Without Bluetooth Mic and cellphone on Speakerphone:

• Default and Alternate mode’s with unbearable interference in audio.

• Voice communication and Voice performance mode’s didn’t had the interference but the other person could listen herself faintly behind and the audio from the mic are still low overall.

Conclusion

I think we still has some things to improve in this new feature, especially the audio reduction when you are on bluetooth mic and the noisily audio interference.

I did not put the “Camcorder” in the tests cuz I didn’t understand how to use it in the AudioRelay apps.
I did not test on other apps but probably it will behave the same way.

P.S.: English is not my native language so if you find any misspell or unreadable phrase please tell me and I’ll edit and rewrite.

Hmm, when you have a connected Bluetooth device, a Bluetooth icon should automatically appear in the server tab. I guess it works OK in other apps?

• You select a speaker/headphone in the server tab
  • And select a virtual audio device (e.g: VB-Cable) in the player tab